Sarah Sinram has co-chaired the section “Party Politics“ at the ECPR Graduate Conference in Bremen from 4.-6.7.2012 along with Ann-Kristin Kolln (University of Twente) and Marco Morini (University of Pavia). The section included five panels on current issues in research on political parties:
- The Lives of New Parties: Burning Bright, Burning Out, or Fading Away?
- Scaling Down: Behavioural Patterns of Parties and MPs at Subnational Level
- Political Parties and their Policy Positions
- Parties as Strategic Actors
- The Dynamics of Party Systems in Central and Eastern Europe
The former two had been submitted as complete panels. All panels were characterized by a strong coherence but included the benefits of a wide range of methodological approaches as well as insights from the international background of the presenters and the audience. A list of all submitted papers presented in the “Party Politics“ Section.